Sunday, August 15, 2010

Class of 2023

Class of 2023!?!  Are you serious?  I spent today playing with the incoming class of 2023, or for those of you not spending every minute with children, the incoming class of kindergartners.  It was a wonderful experience despite the fact that I performed poorly in my morning 5K because of worrying about work in the afternoon.  Our volunteers did an amazing job interacting with the 200+ guests and making the new students feel very special.  It was a day all about their big day and making the best of this upcoming experience.

I got to read them a book and perform two science shows and it's all worth it when you get comments like, "you're that funny lady that made the girl fly...you know she wasn't really flying right, you were just carrying her" or "that book made me feel better about kindergarten. I'm not nearly as scared now."  You never know the things that are going to shape someone's life in the future.

We had great support from the local school districts, police department, fire department and other community organizations.  I love when events come together and have a great impact on our guests and I get to have fun doing things that I love like playing with kids and reading to them.  What more could I ask?

No comments: